Hobnobbing and Consorting
- Steven Whitehurst-"Words from an Unchained Mind" is one of the most unique books of our time! This treatise cuts across ethnic and class lines, and strikes at the ills of U.S.A. society with a force and emotion reminding the reader of the positive activism of the 1960's!
- When the SHTF-Exploring Survival Techniques and Methods, discussions on social constructions and society. Learning TODAY - to prepare for tomorrow and the possibility that The World As We Know It might change at any time.
- Susanne Jensen Art-As of today ... I want to let you all know that I will be able to keep roof over my head however the fact that I now have to pay back rent off from the small assistance amount I receive means...
- Coporate Mofo-We toil mindlessly for the benefit of the CEO's kid's trust fund, dazed by deadlines and the blue glow of the computer screen in our beige-and-gray cubicles, or smiling politely at the customers we serve like automatons.
- Fragments Web-This section includes first-hand accounts of two political demonstrations that I attended many years ago. One took place in Washington, D.C. and the other in North Carolina. There is also an existential essay about life in Los Angeles during the early 1990's.
- Rachel's Pages-Education: Fairly useless (BA, MA, both in rather useless fields.)
- David Simon-These are men and women who wish to claim the mantle of moral leadership, yet would trade innocent lives for any and all chance for an abject and equivocal safety, or worse, for some immediate political gain. Tether yourself to their ugliest fears and you, too, can embrace the shame that this moment offers.
Other Cultural Digs
- Ashoksandhya-Like any good home, ours is also less catchy from outside but (hopefully) more utilitarian in the inside. So if you want to see, come on in... go ahead!!!!
- A History of Single Life-The obvious thing was to question where the hell the whole convoluted mating-game thing that we all subscribe to came from.
- Nu Cartoon-Political leanings of selected cartoon characters.
- The Nature and Philosophy of Science-How do we know that the sources of our beliefs our ever reliable (e.g. memory, testimony, sense experience)? This web page deals with that very question, and you might be surprised at the answer.
- Squicky-Eugene's Ridiculous Homepage.
- Queequeg's Crossing-Some philosophers have argued that the validity of one Weltanschauung over another cannot always be determined by reason, because the nature of human existence transcends objective inquiry; we are part of, and thus cannot be objective about, our own existence.
- James Huggins-As I mentioned earlier, this page attempts to distinguish between "professional" and "personal." Unfortunately this distinction isn't a thin, crisp black line; it is a wide, fuzzy gray one.
- Kymber-I consider myself lucky to live in California, where the possibility of violent attack because of who and what I am is much lessened, and where so-called "bathroom bills" are not likely to be introduced.
Personal Homepage Directories
Tools and Resources